Saturday, April 17, 2010

Why, Hello There!

Hey guys! So I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon for my Walt Disney World College Program experience! I'm new at this so I will probably forget to post blogs for a while but hopefully I'll have the hang of it by the time I get to Florida. So I guess I'll just use this first blog to introduce myself. My name is Stephen (pronounced like Steven) Miller. I am 18 years old and will be 19 when I participate on the College Program. I am a Freshman Industrial Engineering major at West Virginia University. I am originally from a little town in the southern part of West Virginia called Princeton, or the land of no opportunity. Seriously, there is nothing to do where I am from. Our fun on weekends consisted of going to Wal-Mart or sitting in the school parking lot. I absolutely love to travel! I have been to various places along the East coast of the states and also out of the country to Canada, England, Wales, Ireland, Italy, and Spain. I am involved in 4-H in my home town and it's another passion that I have. I won't get into 4-H much but if you have any questions about it let me know! Although my major is Industrial Engineering my passion is Photography. However, I am not brave enough or confident enough in my skills to jump into such a risky career. I absolutely love being behind the camera and capturing the magic that a picture can produce. I will be taking a lot of free time while at Disney to go to the parks and capture that magic in pictures and will post them on here.

I have never really been to Disney. I have been to Florida and the surrounding areas and even been to Universal Studios. The one time I got to go to Disney I was performing. We went for my high school band and marched around the lake at Epcot on St. Patty's Day a couple of years ago..but I did not by any means get to experience Disney and the amazing place I have been told it is. I was bounced around to all 4 parks in one day and did not get to enjoy it. So, if anyone ever asks if I have been to Disney I reply "No" because I honestly haven't. To go somewhere is also to experience it not try to see everything in one day. I barely even remember what I saw. So I am obviously CRAZY excited to have free access to the parks and get to explore them and finally discover the magic that people experience at Disney. I am also a huge adrenaline junkie..so I plan on visiting surrounding parks such as Universal, Islands of Adventure, Bush Gardens, Wet N' Wild, Aquatica, and just anywhere close by with big thrill rides.



Well that's all for now! I'll try and post another blog soon. If you have any questions for me/about me or just wanna know my opinion on something let me know! Also I said I was into photography so I posted my personal favorite from my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment