Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Purple Folder

Zip-a-dee-do-dah!!!! That's what comes to mind when I think of the day I got my purple folder!!! That's right guys! Today's blog is all about the wonderful purple folder! So after the application process the recruiter tells you that you have to wait 3-4 weeks and all I could think was, "This is going to be the longest month of my life!!" Now, generally the wait does take this long especially at the beginning of application season (February I think). However, for some of us lucky people we don't have to wait that long! I found out exactly one week after my phone interview when I got my purple e-mail and the purple folder came a few days later! My recruiter also told me that if things were efficient enough on there end I could find out as early as two weeks but when I found out after a week I was like "This is a joke! Nope it's not a joke! Dang Disney is on the ball!!" I'm sure the only reason I found out so early is because I applied so late. See I applied for the Spring 2010 program last semester and didn't get past the online interview therefore I had to wait another 6 months to apply again. Which pushed my interview way back considering they stop the interviewing process April 30th and my online interview couldn't be accessed until March 24th.

Now I'm sure some of you may be wondering "What the heck is the craze about the purple folder? What's so special about it??" Well the purple folder is just something tangible telling you that you will be able to spend the most amazing semester you could have ever imagined working for the best company (if you ask me) that you could possibly work for. The best part of the folder for me was the letter in the middle welcoming me to the program as an Attractions Cast Member. I was SO excited to get my first choice when it came to my role. I have always wanted to work attractions in an amusement park haha. The folder simply contains vital information you need to know about the living, learning, and earning aspects of the program. It also provides you with your user name and password for the WDWCP website where there is even more vital information for arrival and anything you possibly would want to know. You also get a pair of 3-D glasses so you can play a special Disney heritage game for CPers only.

Oh also I'm not sure if I mentioned my arrival date yet. I was originally scheduled for 9/1 to 1/7 but September 1st is WAY to long to wait to get to Disney. And I was kinda upset that everyone seemed to be arriving in August and I wasn't arriving until September. So, I e-mailed recruiting and requested to have the date moved to an earlier arrival date and they switched it for me! I am now arriving on 8/11 and departing 1/7! Still looking for roommates though so I'll keep you updated on that!

So that's pretty much it for the purple folder. It's pretty exciting to look in the mail and see that big folder with Mickey Mouse on the front. It definitely gets you excited! Well I guess I will leave y'all for now and post another one of my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment